1. Open MetaMask, click on the network menu on top, and select "Custom RPC"
2. Enter the network name (It can be any name of your choice (I’m using QuickNode in this example) and paste your QuickNode endpoint URL in the second field that says “New RPC URL". Enter the “Chain ID”, which is also known as the network id (1 in this case as we are using an Ethereum Mainnet endpoint), and click on save.
Now you’ll be able to see your node under the available networks in your MetaMask wallet.
Listed below are the Chain / Network IDs for various EVM based networks:
- Ethereum Mainnet: 1
- Ethereum Testnet Rinkeby: 4
- Ethereum Testnet Kovan: 42
- Ethereum Testnet Ropsten: 3
- Ethereum Testnet Görli: 5
- xDAI Chain: 100
- Binance Smart Chain Mainnet: 56
- Polygon/Matic Mainnet: 137
- Optimistic Ethereum: 10
A list of all the commonly used chains can easily be found on the internet.
3. All set, all done - now you can easily send your tokens from other wallets/CEX exchanges to the newly created network (Please remember: if you are sending funds FROM your Metamask, you must have native token funds to cover the fee [e.g. for Binance Smart Chain it will be BNB, but for Ethereum Mainnet it will be ETH, etc.]).